The Pink Bunny

Sunday 10 April 2011

Philippine Mythology.

(Urduja (ca. 1350 - 1400 CE), is a legendary warrior princess who is recognized as a heroine in Pangasinan, Philippines. The name Urduja appears to be Sanskrit in origin, and a variation of the name "Udaya," meaning "arise" or "rising sun," or the name "Urja," meaning "breath." A historical reference to Urduja can be found in the travel account of Ibn Battuta (1304 - possibly 1368 or 1377 C.E.), a Muslim traveler from Morocco.-WIKIPEDIA)

I just saw these photos in my album and I thought it would be perfect if I post these to my blog. Well, as you can see i am riding on a horse and wearing all this silly dress, but still i managed to retain my posture and had an amazing shot. This was taken a few months ago by Katx Japos for our project in Philippine Mythology, where we needed to research our folk stories and bring these characters to life by being the models for our coffee table book. Here are some of the pictures from that album . :)))

(Apong Sinukuan. The deity of the sun and also of Mt.Alaya(Arayat)in the province of Pampanga.)
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home